Six Filler Facts You Need To KnowJune 17, 2022
Dermal fillers offer a safe and reliable solution for several skin concerns. The fillers available at our Houston office have been carefully selected for their efficacy and can be used to treat a comprehensive range of issues including:
- Loose and sagging skin
- Fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Ill-defined jawline
- Sunken cheeks
- Hollow eye sockets
- And more
The best way to learn what a dermal filler may be able to do for you is through a one-on-one consultation with board-certified anti-aging and cosmetic physician Dr. Swapna Gopathi at our comfortable Houston office.
What You Need to Know About Dermal Fillers
- Different Fillers Have Different Ingredients. Common active ingredients in dermal fillers include hyaluronic acid, synthetic calcium hydroxyapatite, poly-l-lactic acid, and bovine collagen. Active ingredients influence the ways a filler works
- Some Fillers Last Longer Than Others. Some fillers can produce results for six to 12 months. Others may produce results for as long as 24 months. Touch-up treatments can help to extend results
- Not All Fillers Are Good for Lip Augmentation. Lip augmentation is a specific procedure that requires fillers that have been formulated to enhance the lips. Not all fillers will do this. Some may actually cause asymmetry, uncomfortable lumpiness, and excessive swelling
- Your Choice of Provider Matters. In the wrong hands, fillers can result in infection, asymmetry, and other complications. Choosing a provider who is trained, experienced, and trustworthy is essential for the best results
- You Might Bruise. Even with a gentle and experienced provider, bruising, redness, and slight swelling are all possible. Proper aftercare will help to speed recovery and improve comfort
- Select Fillers Can Be Reversed. Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvéderm® and Restylane®, can be reversed if the results are displeasing. While not commonly needed, this option allows treatment to be risk-free, providing the ability to return to your natural look quickly and without risk when desired
We are pleased to offer products containing hyaluronic acid from the Juvéderm® and Restylane® families. We also offer Sculptra®, a poly-l-lactic acid filler that offers remarkably long-lasting results.
Interested in Learning More?
Would you like to learn more about the safe and effective dermal fillers available through Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics? Give us a call at 281-242-1061 to schedule your consultation today. We serve Conroe, King, The Woodlands, and all nearby communities from our office in Houston.