Brazilian Butt Lift
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a popular surgical procedure, designed to enhance and contour the buttocks using the body’s own fatty tissue. Dr. Ravi Somayazula uses cutting-edge fat transfer techniques to achieve a more firm, round, natural-looking bottom, without implants. The Brazilian Butt Lift from Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics can safely create an individual’s desired body shape with a lower chance for complications. Best off all patients can expect their Brazilian Butt Lift results to be long-lasting once the final results are achieved.
The Ideal Candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift
Almost anyone in generally good health, looking to volumize and shape their buttocks, may be considered a candidate for Dr. Ravi’s Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. Potential patients should understand the Brazilian Butt Lift technique and recovery recommendations, as well as hold realistic expectations for their final results. Candidates must also have adequate donor fatty tissue to safely provide the desired contours. In some cases, patients with excessive lax skin or wrinkles underneath the buttocks may require a buttock lift for the desired aesthetic results.
Those who smoke will be asked to stop at least four weeks before their surgery. Smoking and nicotine products will decrease circulation, meaning an increased risk for complications and a chance the newly grafted tissue will not survive. For this reason, smoking should not be resumed for at least four weeks after surgery.
These before & after photos are from a specific patient. Results may vary. Schedule a personalized consultation with our doctor to learn more.
Preparing for Butt Enhancement Procedure
All patients will be seen approximately two weeks prior to surgery for their pre-operative appointments at our Houston office. At that time, surgical consents are signed, photos are taken, and an informational packet is provided which includes detailed instructions for both pre-and-post surgery. It is also recommended that patients practice gluteal strengthening exercises prior to surgery.
The Brazilian Butt Lift Consultation
Prior to scheduling the Brazilian Butt Lift, a confidential consultation will be arranged at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. Please set aside up to an hour and a half for this appointment. Dr. Ravi will use this time to review your medical history and learn more about your desired aesthetic results. Next, he will explain the Brazilian Butt Lift technique in detail. Dr. Ravi will also share before and after photographs of his recent Brazilian Butt Lift patients, helping you to visualize the potential results. We determine your goals and based on that, Dr. Ravi will recommend the needed areas of liposuction as well as where the purified fat will be placed. Finally, Dr. Ravi will answer any remaining questions. If the Brazilian Butt Lift is determined to be the right technique for your specific needs, a personalized treatment plan will be created.
The Brazilian Butt Lift can provide exceptional body sculpting results when performed on its own. During your consultation appointment, Dr. Ravi may also recommend combining the Brazilian Butt Lift with an additional cosmetic enhancement. For optimal overall results, the technique can be paired with a tummy tuck or breast augmentation.
The Brazilian Butt Lift Pre-Op Appointment
Approximately two weeks before your Brazilian Butt Lift surgery, a pre-op appointment will be scheduled with Dr. Ravi. This office visit provides a chance for any final questions to be answered. Dr. Ravi and his team will provide an information packet with pre and post op instructions, as well as a list of ‘Dos and Don’ts’ for before and after your surgery. Surgical consent forms will be reviewed and signed at this time. Finally, a series of ‘before’ photographs will be taken to compare with your final results.
Brazilian Butt Lift Pre/Post Op Recommendations:
- Do not take NSAIDS or aspirin one week before and one week after surgery.
- Avoid herbal supplements for one week before and one week after surgery.
- No smoking or nicotine products for four weeks before and four weeks after surgery.
- Pick up all prescriptions prior to the day of surgery.
- Practice gluteal strengthening exercises, as instructed by Dr. Ravi, prior to surgery.
- Contact Dr. Ravi immediately should any questions or concerns arise.
The Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
Dr. Ravi’s Brazilian Butt Lift is performed as an outpatient procedure, under general anesthesia with a board-certified Anesthesiologist, at an accredited surgical center. Depending on the individual patient and the areas of needed liposuction, the Brazilian Butt Lift can take from two to four hours to perform.
To begin, Dr. Ravi use a liposuction technique to extract the necessary fatty tissue. This is performed at predetermined donor sites, often the abdomen, thighs, or flanks. Once the fat has been removed, it will be purified and processed.
Next, Dr. Ravi will make several very small incisions, each about a quarter of an inch in length, along the buttock crease. The purified fatty tissue is then injected into multiple locations and planes of the buttocks, adding the desired volume and contour. When the aesthetic results have been achieved, Dr. Ravi will place dissolvable sutures along the incisions for safe healing.
Complications from Dr. Ravi’s Brazilian Butt Lift procedure are minimal. However, there is a very small chance for scarring, infection, asymmetry, and nerve damage to occur. Patients dramatically reduce the chance for complications following a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure by only placing their trust in an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon, like Dr. Ravi. Like all cosmetic surgeries, the end result will vary from individual to individual. Your unique final result will be determined by how much this donated fat is accepted by your body. There is no way to predict how your body will handle this donated fat. In some instances, multiple fat transfer procedures may be needed to get to your goal result.
Getting Back to Normal After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
Patients should expect their Brazilian Butt Lift recovery to take from one to two weeks. Individuals may note mild to moderate discomfort along the fat donor area, as well as the buttocks. A compression garment will be put in place immediately after surgery, minimizing swelling and promoting proper healing. This will need to be worn for several weeks. Bruising and discoloration are common after surgery, but will slowly improve.
Most patients are feeling well enough to return to work and daily activities in a week or less. However, it is important to remember everyone heals differently. Strenuous activities and heavy lifting will need to be postponed for 2 months. Dr. Ravi will carefully follow your recovery progression, guiding you as routine activities are resumed.
Brazilian Butt Lift patients should not sit on their bottom, or put pressure on their buttocks, for the first 2 months after surgery. During the recovery period, patients will need to sleep on their stomach for 2 months and if necessary, sit by putting the weight on the thighs. After the first 2 weeks, patients will be able to sit using a specialized, post-op cushion or ‘donut’ pillow.
Schedule your Brazilian Butt Lift consultation at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and AestheticsSchedule your Brazilian Butt Lift consultation at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics
Dr. Ravi is Harvard-trained, board certified plastic surgeon, with many years of exceptional body contouring experience. Located on Katy Freeway, Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics is one of Houston’s most respected and sought-after plastic surgery practices. Easy accessible from every side of the city, our state-of-the-art office is modern and comfortable, ensuring a personalized yet confidential experience. Call our office at 281.242.1061 or fill out the Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics online Contact Us form to schedule your Brazilian Butt Lift consultation appointment with Dr. Ravi.
“Body by Ravi has been such a great experience for me. I have never had any plastic surgery before now so of course I went in with lots of questions and was very nervous. The entire experience was great from his staff, the surgery, and most importantly Dr. Ravi. Everyone made me feel so comfortable and was so attentive and professional. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to get work done.” J. C., Houston, Tx
Brazilian Butt Lift FAQ:
- What is the Brazilian Butt Lift? The Brazilian Butt Lift is a surgical procedure designed to increase the size and shape the buttocks, enhancing their volume and contour. Dr. Ravi will remove fatty tissue from a donor area, such as the abdomen or flanks, then reinject the processed fat cells into the buttocks, achieving the desired aesthetic results.
- Am I a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift? The ideal candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift will be a nonsmoker, in overall good health, looking for a rounder, perkier bottom. Potential patients must have sufficient fatty tissue along a donor area, such as the stomach, flanks, or lower back. Prior to the procedure, a confidential consultation with Dr. Ravi will be scheduled, at which time he will determine if the Brazilian Butt Lift is right for you.
- When can I return to work after my Brazilian Butt Lift? On average, most Brazilian Butt Lift patients are ready to return to work in a week or less. Exercise, strenuous activities, and heavy lifting will need to be postponed for two months.
- When can I sit on my bottom again, after a Brazilian Butt Lift? As the harvested fat is made up of delicate, living cells, it will need time to adhere to existing tissues. For this reason, patients should not sit or put their full weight on their bottoms for at least six weeks after surgery. Patient can sit on their bottom after two weeks with a special pillow under their thighs to take the pressure off their buttocks.
- What are the complications associated with a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure? Dr. Ravi’s Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is considered safe and effective, providing long-term results. However, as with any invasive technique, there is always a small chance for complications to occur, such as bleeding, infection, unexpected scarring, asymmetry, and nerve damage. The best way for prospective patients to minimize the chance of complications will be to choose a board certified plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Ravi and his professional team at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics.
Schedule a Consultation