VASER LIPOSUCTION FROM BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS
As patients seek out new and improved techniques in the ever-changing landscape of body contouring procedures, several modern techniques have been steadily growing in popularity, including Vaser Liposuction. Dr. Ravi’s growing education in the field of body contouring allowed him to choose Vaser Liposuction, which is ultrasound-assisted liposuction, to be an additional tool in his toolbox. This allows Dr. Ravi to get excellent results for very happy patients. Dr. Ravi Somayazula is among Houston’s leading plastic surgeons with the opportunity to bring Vaser Liposuction to patients in the surrounding Texas and Louisiana area. With little downtime, Dr. Ravi’s Vaser Liposuctionis a revolutionary technique that offers patients a quick recovery and exceptional, body sculpting results.
WHAT IS VASER LIPOSUCTION?
The application of ultrasound waves to break up and melt away fat before extraction makes Vaser Lipo different. Vaser Liposuction is used in conjunction with traditional liposuction techniques. The use of ultrasound technology makes Vaser Liposuction innovative and unique. The ultrasonic waves zero in on and emulsify fat cells safely without affecting the surrounding connective tissue, veins, and nerves. The treatment has a short recovery window as it causes decreased swelling or post-op bruising. The most exciting fact is that larger amounts of fat can be safely removed during a single procedure.
Benefits of Vaser Liposuction
- Safely removes a larger amount of fat
- Quicker recovery
- Less bruising and swelling
- More accurate removal of fat
- Far less pain
- Can be performed with both local and general anesthesia
This technique gives Dr. Ravi a more accurate removal of fatty tissue, allowing him to sculpt your body precisely. This results in a figure more in line with desired results.
THE VASER LIPOSUCTION PROCEDURE
Vaser Liposuction is generally performed under local anesthesia, however, in some cases, general anesthesia may be required. A local anesthetic fluid will first be applied to the area being treated. Through very small incisions, Dr. Ravi will administer a mix of saline and anesthetic to begin breaking down the fat. Dr. Ravi will then insert a very small probe, the size of a pencil tip, into these incisions. This probe will emit the ultrasonic vibrations. As this occurs the fatty tissue will break down and melt. Finally, a thin cannula will be used to eliminate fat. Dr. Ravi can continue this process until he has achieved the patient’s desired contours. The incisions will be bandaged and a compression garment put in place to prevent swelling or the build-up of fluid.
Vaser Liposuction has the capability of addressing large areas. For this reason, Vaser Liposuction is often a good choice for more extensive areas of fatty tissue, such as the abdomen, behind flanks, and around the navel. The technique gives Dr. Ravi a wide range of movement and precision, also making it an excellent choice for tighter spots likearound the knees,neck, chin, and the dreaded turkey neck. Vaser Liposuction can also be used on areas that havebeen previously treated with Liposuction in the past to help with unevenness and contour abnormalities.
RESULTS AND RECOVERY FROM VASER LIPOSUCTION
Recovery from Vaser Liposuction is often easier than with other techniques. Most activities can be resumed in as little as one to two days. Depending on the area, a compression garment may need to be worn for the first week to six weeks to decrease swelling and improve results. Since Vaser Liposuction does not affect healthy tissues, there will be little bruising and minimaldiscomfort. Swelling will begin to subside and final resultswill be seen soon after treatment.
Vaser Liposuction can achieve smooth and even results, for a sculpted, shapely figure. As long as you keep up with a healthy lifestyle, the benefits of Vaser Liposuction can last for years to come.
YOUR VASER LIPOSUCTION CONSULT WITH DR. RAVI
To give you the time necessary to fully consider the Vaser Liposuction procedure, a private consultation appointment will be scheduled at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. Please plan on your consultation appointment to last an hour or longer. At this time Dr. Ravi can discuss your unique needs and desires. This is your time to have the surgeon examine your areas of concern and answer your questions. Dr. Ravi will use this appointment to carefully explain Vaser Liposuction, as well as any adjunct techniques and proceduresthat he recommends to get you to your goals. If Vaser Liposuction is the right procedure for your needs, Dr. Ravi’s Patient Care Coordinator will create a personalized, in-depth treatment plan to achieve your body contouring results.
Keep in mind that the ideal candidate for Vaser Liposuction will be a nonsmoker in generally good health. The procedure is designed for isolated areas of fatty tissue and is not a substitute for weight loss. Before committing to the procedure, a patient must display an understanding of Vaser Liposuction and hold realistic expectations for their results. Not everyone has the same needs so several techniques may be recommended for your individual concerns.
Complications from Dr. Ravi’s Vaser Liposuctionare rarely serious. However, whencomplications doappear, they may include swelling, bruising, drainage, infection, or scarring.
DR. RAVI AT HOUSTON’S BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS
Dr. Ravi is one of Houston’s most gifted plastic surgeons, board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. An award-winning cosmetic surgeon, he has receiveda number of local and national awards, including being named as one of Houston’s own Top Docs in H Town Magazine and he was inducted into the 2019 RealSelf Hall of Fame. Dr. Ravi was trained in cosmetic surgery, plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, with additional studies in hand and burn surgery. Specializing in body contouring procedures. Dr. Ravi has dedicated much of his practice to procedures like liposuction, breast implants, abdominoplasty, and the mommy makeover. His kind bedside manner, combined with his meticulous, artistic skill makes Dr. Ravi one of Houston’s most sought out plastic surgeon.
The Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics office has been designed for the ultimate in patient pampering as well as confidentiality. The high-tech office ensures our patients recover only in the safest way possible, while the low-stress environment to keep pre-op jitters to a minimum. Alongside of partner, board-certifiedphysician Dr. SwapnaGopathi, the Body by Ravi Plastic and Anesthetic’s officecan blend both surgical techniques with nonsurgical treatments, as well. Dr. Gopathi’s primary job is to meet busy patients with noninvasive techniques and skincare that can provide awesome results with or without surgery.
CONTACT BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS
If you have been considering Vaser Liposuction or any other body contouring procedures, the best place to start is with an in-person consultation at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. Located on the Katy Freeway, our office is easy to find, centrally located, and not far from the Memorial, Galleria, or Katy area. Reach out to our office to get specific driving directions. To schedule your consultation appointment by calling our office at 281.242.1061 or fill our only contact us form at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics.
VASER LIPOSUCTION FAQ:
- What is Vaser Liposuction? Vaser Liposuction is an alternative to traditional Liposuction. Ultrasound waves are used to break up and emulsify fat before vacuuming it away. This procedure is safe for tissues and results in little bleeding, bruising, or swelling.
- Why choose Vaser Liposuction over traditional procedures? Depending on your situation, Vaser Liposuction may best fit your needs. Benefits of Vaser Liposuction include little pain, bruising, or swelling and a fast recovery. It can also eliminate a larger amount of fatty tissue than some other methods.
- Am I a good candidate for Vaser Liposuction? To make a good candidate for Vaser Liposuction will need to be in generally good health and a nonsmoker. The procedure is designed to eliminate isolated areas of body fat; it is not a weight-loss tool. If you have stubborn body fat that is resistant to exercise and a balanced diet, you may make a good candidate fortheprocedure.
- What areas of my body can improve using Vaser Liposuction? Vaser Liposuction makes a good option for patients needing to address large amounts of fatty tissue. The most common areas where it is used include the abdomen, flanks, arms, back, bra rolls and thighs. It is often the treatment of choice for small areas like the chin or face, as well.
- When can I return to work after my Vaser Liposuction procedure? There is little downtime necessary after your Vaser Liposuction procedure. You will be sent home the same afternoon and are often given the green light to return in only a day or two. However, a compression garment may need to be continuously worn for a few weeks.
- Are the results from Vaser Liposuction permanent? The results from Vaser Liposuction can last for years to come. Once fat cells are eliminated from the body, they are gone forever. Unfortunately, if you do not follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly, your existing fat cells will expand, taking away from your new figure.
- How much does VaserLiposuction cost? As with the cost of any plastic surgery procedure, prices vary depending on multiple factors. This includes the area being treated, how much fat will be removed, and what kind of anesthesia will be used (local or general). According to RealSelf.com, the average cost of VaserLiposuction can average about $6,000. However, this will be different for everybody. Remember, your satisfaction involves more than a fee.