“Living in Houston can be tough for anyone during the warm months, but particularly for those who suffer from underarm wetness and odor. I am so happy to have miraDry® in my practice as a safe and clinically proven way to help combat these issues.” – Dr. Ravi Somayazula
Embarrassing sweat and odor is a common problem for many men and women—especially for those of us living somewhere as hot and humid as Houston. The yellowish stains and distinctive odor that often go hand-in-hand with sweating can make a person feel extremely self-conscious, and they sometimes persists despite the use of deodorants and antiperspirants. With miraDry®, you can finally put an end to excessive sweating, so you can enjoy life without worrying about stains and smells. Body By Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics is a miraDry® Certified Center, helping plenty of men and women in Houston looking to feel free of antiperspirants and yet always clean and confident.
The miraDry® system is a FDA-approved procedure to immediately and permanently eliminate sweat glands. Sweat glands do not regenerate. This reduction in embarrassing underarm sweat can not only be a dramatic improvement, but also long-lasting and, in most cases, permanent. Patients enrolled in a clinical study experienced an average of 82% reduction in underarm sweat. After a single miraDry® procedure, most patients noticed an immediate reduction in sweat. As with most medical procedures, individual results vary, and some will need more than one treatment to accomplish their goal result.
Comparison of untreated (left) and treated (right) arms four weeks after one miraDry® treatment. Photo taken immediately following a 30-minute stationary bike workout in a heated room.
Results provided by miraDry®.
Advantages of miraDry®:
- Significantly reduce wetness and armpit stains caused by underarm sweating
- Significantly reduce odor caused by underarm sweating
- Underarm hair reduction
- Non-invasive procedure
- No downtime
- Immediate and long-lasting results
At the Consultation
During your consultation, Dr. Ravi and Dr. Gopathi will explain all the steps and benefits of miraDry® treatments. Since we are a miraDry® Certified Center, our doctors have a vast knowledge of the procedure and can provide proper feedback to determine if miraDry® is right for you once we have discussed your symptoms and medical history.
“I saw Dr. Ravi for the MiraDry® procedure. I have true hyperhidrosis and have tried EVERYTHING! The procedure was very tolerable. Dr. Ravi and his wife were very professional and made the process much easier than I had expected. There was some swelling and bruising for a few days but totally worth it! I haven’t worn deodorant since! I’m beyond happy and this has truly changed my life!!” – Erin C., Houston TX
Who is a Good Candidate?
Anyone who is concerned about excessive underarm sweating, shirt stains, sticky and uncomfortable feeling beneath the arms, or bad odor might be a good candidate for miraDry®. MiraDry® is a toxin-free treatment that can help stop sweating and prevent stains and odors. Many individuals suffering from underarm hyperhidrosis undergo multiple yearly sessions of Botox® injections, which may no longer be necessary after the miraDry® procedure. You cannot be considered a candidate for the procedure if you are pregnant, have a lidocaine allergy, have had a heart valve procedure, or have a pacemaker in place.
The miraDry® Treatment
MiraDry® is a simple, non-surgical treatment performed in-office at Body By Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics in Houston. There are no surgical cuts or incisions that need to be made. During your miraDry® session, the customized treatment area is marked to ensure accuracy. Dr. Ravi Somayazula will then numb the armpits for increased comfort during treatment. Once numbed, the miraDry® handpiece is placed directly on the skin of the treatment site, lining up with the prepared marks. The handpiece is then activated, suctioning the section of skin upwards to bring the underlying sweat glands closer to the surface for optimal results. miraWave™ energy (which is electromagnetic energy) will be delivered through the miraDry® handpiece to safely destroy the underlying sweat and odor glands without harming the surrounding skin or tissue.
From beginning to end, your miraDry® treatment with Dr. Ravi Somayazula should take no longer than one and a half hours.
There is no downtime associated with miraDry®, and you will experience results immediately. Most patients can return to normal activities and work immediately after the procedure and can resume exercising within a few days. It is normal to have localized soreness and swelling which will gradually improve over time. A few patients may experience temporary numbness or altered sensation of their underarms or upper arms, which will also improve with time. MiraDry® is designed to provide men and women with long-lasting results to combat problems associated with excessive underarm sweating.
Dr. Ravi Somayazula’s patients who have undergone miraDry® often feel more confident and carefree, even on hot days in the Houston sun. With miraDry®, you no longer have to worry about leaving embarrassing armpit stains on your favorite shirts and blouses or constantly reapplying deodorant to fight that distinct sweat odor.
Basic information on the Internet is no substitute for a personal consultation with board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ravi Somayazula, who can provide in-depth answers to all of your questions about miraDry. The doctors at our miraDry® Certified Center are here to guide you through all the steps of an informed decision-making process and will map out a treatment plan that fits your needs. We invite you to schedule a consultation today. Either give us a call at 281.242.1061 or schedule a consultation online.
- What is miraDry® from Houston’s Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics? MiraDry® is a cutting-edge treatment designed to permanently reduce unwanted underarm sweat. Safe and effective, miraDry® is the only noninvasive treatment approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to eliminate targeted sweat glands under the arms.
- How is miraDry® applied? As opposed to other practices, our Board Certified physicians will be performing your entire procedure. Dr. Ravi will first apply a local anesthetic under the arms, for maximum patient comfort. Next, using the unique miraDry® handpiece, focused wavelengths of thermal energy will be used to target the predetermined sweat glands under the arms. The penetrating energy only affects a specific area of the deep tissue, safely destroying the sweat glands, while the surrounding skin stays cool. Each miraDry® sessions take about an hour and a half.
- When will I see the results from miraDry®? While the benefits of miraDry® may not seen right away, over the following weeks, the glands responsible for perspiration will slowly cease to function. Patients will note the full results of miraDry® in six to twelve weeks. On average, most people will see up to an 82% reduction in sweat, although this will vary according to the individual.
- How long does miraDry® last? The treated sweat glands do not return, meaning the benefits from miraDry® are permanent. Most patients only need a single treatment, however in some instances, a second miraDry® procedure may be recommended for optimal results.
- Am I a good candidate for miraDry® with Dr. Ravi? miraDry® is FDA approved for someone age 18 or older. It is ideal for an individual who is frustrated with excessive underarm sweat or axillary hyperhidrosis, but also for an individual who no longer wants to apply chemicals such as deodorants or antiperspirants. This treatment is not only intended for those with excess sweating but for anyone who has any level of perspiration or odor. The procedure is safe for all skin types and ethnicities. If you are bothered by underarm sweat, odor, or persistent moisture, that is poorly controlled with antiperspirants and deodorants, miraDry® from Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics could be the right treatment for you.
Schedule a Consultation