There’s nothing better than taking a gorgeous selfie! Getting that exact angle and chiseled jawline is key. We see any men and women in our practice who are frustrated with how they look in pictures. Extra fat under the chin and at the jawline can be upsetting to many Houston area men and women. It’s especially surprising when it’s seen on a very fit individual.
Even with dedication to a healthy diet and consistent exercise routine, this stubborn submental fat, or ‘double chin’ is often difficult to address. Up until recently, there were few options for eliminating submental fat and restoring a sleek chin or neck that did not include surgery and liposuction. Luckily, today there is a safe and easy option: Kybella®. Once injected directly into the fat, deoxycholic acid, the active ingredient in Kybella®, will work to permanently destroy the unwanted fat cells. Houston’s Dr. Ravi Somayazula and Dr. Swapna Gopathi recommend Kybella® injectable treatments to many of their patients looking to improve not only their double chin, but also the contour of their jaw.
“A double chin can be embarrassing and take away from beautiful facial contours. Kybella® can improve the appearance and profile of the face and chin to restore a more youthful look.” – Dr. Ravi Somayazula
THE BENEFITS OF KYBELLA®
Kybella® is the simple injectable solution designed to address a double chin, offering the ability to transform your jawline and profile through a quick, noninvasive technique. Instead of traditional surgical methods, which are more invasive and may require a longer recovery, Kybella® injections only take a few minutes in the office and you have no downtime. With no downtime, you can get back to your busy schedule right away. Best of all, the results from Kybella® are long-lasting; as long as you remain at a healthy weight, the results cannot be undone.
The Benefits of Kybella Include®:
- Non-surgical reduction in Submental fullness (fat along the chin/jawline, also known as the “double chin”)
- Other areas of use are the bra rolls, axillary fat, banana roll under the buttocks
- Minimal bruising and swelling
- No incisions to take care of
- No downtime
- Wear makeup the same day
- Return to normal activities immediately
Kybella® results courtesy of Allergan®
Why Choose BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS for Kybella®?
Kybella® is one of the most beneficial and innovative, injectable treatments available in Houston today. Patients should only trust their appearance to an experienced, board-certified physician. Dr. Ravi Somayazula and Dr. Swapna Gopathi are two of Houston’s most revered, board-certified physicians. Each offers vast experience in facial anatomy and physical contours, allowing them to achieve beautiful, natural-looking results for every patient.
Dr. Ravi has more than a decade of plastic and reconstructive surgery experience, widely known for his extensive knowledge of surgical and noninvasive aesthetic techniques. His kind bedside manner gives Dr. Ravi the ability to get to know every patient who walks in the door, customizing their treatment to meet their specific set of needs. Dr. Gopathi, Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics’ Director of Medical Aesthetics, specializes in wellness, anti-aging and facial contouring. She is dedicated to finding the best, noninvasive solution to meet each patient’s lifestyle and desired level of results.
The ideal CANDIDATE for kybella®
Any adult, over the age of 18 who is concerned about their submental fullness, can make an excellent candidate for Kybella®. This injectable treatment has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a safe method for reducing problem fat beneath the chin. Kybella® is recommended for men and women who are at a healthy weight, but who have not been able to completely reduce submental fullness with diet and exercise alone. Dr. Ravi and Dr. Gopathi can also offer alternative options for patients who struggle with larger amounts of fat in the area, including facial liposuction or FaceTite to tighten lax skin along the jawline.
“Dr. Ravi and his entire staff not only made me feel at home and comfortable but they put my mind at ease. They were able to answer every question I had, and even check on me after my 1st session of Kybella®…. He really did an amazing job and even though, you have minor swelling for 6 weeks, I can already feel and see a difference.”
– Angela N., Houston TX
YOUR Kybella® Consultation and Examination
Prior to your first Kybella® session, a private consultation will be scheduled with Dr. Ravi or Dr. Gopathi. This time will be devoted to understanding your aesthetic needs and desires, so plan on your consultation taking from 30 minutes to one hour. During this appointment, your surgeon will examine your chin, jawline, and submental fat. Dr. Ravi and Dr. Gopathi take their time discussing all of your options, including Kybella® and other noninvasive treatments such as FaceTite or Morpheus8.
Once Kybella® has been determined the best procedure for your needs, the surgeon will explain your treatment plan. To keep realistic expectations in mind, Dr. Ravi and Dr. Gopathi will determine the number of Kybella® injections needed and the number of recommended sessions required for optimal results.
The kybella® treatment session
Once checked in for your appointment, you will be taken back to a comfortable, private treatment room. While Kybella® is not considered painful, each small injection may sting or pinch.
Dr. Ravi and Dr. Gopathi will apply Kybella® through a series of small injections placed underneath the chin along the target areas. Each injection site is predetermined, marked using a specially created template to ensure an even and well-balanced treatment of the underlying fat cells. As soon as the Kybella® injections are complete you will be free to return to normal activities.D9L
Getting Back to normal after kybella®
After your Kybella® procedure, you may experience mild swelling, bruising, numbness, tenderness, or redness in the treated area. These side-effects are short-lived and will diminish over the next five to seven to ten days. Most swelling will improve in one to two weeks. It is also common to experience areas of hardness along the injection area for some time; however, this is a sign that the treatment is working. More serious complications such as facial asymmetry, nerve damage, and infection are extremely rare. It is important, however, that patients always put their trust in a board-certified physician, experienced with Kybella® and other noninvasive treatments.
Kybella® is a minimally invasive procedure, so you may return to work immediately after your injections. There are no restrictions on activities or makeup. However, patients should avoid strenuous exercise for the first 24-48 hours to reduce the chance for swelling.
The results from Kybella® are not immediate. Over time, you will begin to notice a decrease in the fullness of your chin as Kybella® begins to take effect. The most significant results can typically be seen after your second session; however, some patients may require up to five treatments.
The fat cells that are destroyed and eliminated by Kybella® are gone forever and cannot reform. For this reason, you can depend on Kybella® to offer results that last for years to come. Keep in mind, the surrounding fat cells can still expand with weight gain. With a healthy lifestyle, you can maintain long-lasting results and a well-defined appearance of the chin and jawline.
SCHEDULE A CONFIDENTIAL KYBELLA® CONSULTATION AT BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS
Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics is located at 9230 Katy Freeway near Memorial and Katy, easily reached from every side of Houston. Designed with our patients in mind, each private treatment room is outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment. The team at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics is a highly trained group of aesthetic professionals, ready to take the stress out of your cosmetic procedure.
Remember, there is never a substitute for an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. To find out if Kybella® could be the right noninvasive treatment for your facial rejuvenation needs, contact Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics at 281.242.1061 or fill out our online Contact Us form. We will be happy to answer your questions and arrange for a complimentary, confidential consultation with Dr. Ravi or Dr. Gopathi. During this appointment, a personalized treatment plan, designed around your unique needs, will be created.
- What is Kybella®? Kybella® is the first and only injectable treatment for excess submental fat, also known as a ‘double chin’. Created from Deoxycholic Acid, a naturally occurring molecule that breaks down fat cells, Kybella® can effectively create a tighter, smoother, more defined jawline for long-lasting facial rejuvenation.
- Am I a good candidate for Kybella®? The ideal candidate for Kybella® will be in generally good health yet unhappy with the appearance of fatty tissue under the jaw. Potential patients should understand the treatment process, commit to the number of recommended Kybella® sessions, and have realistic expectations for the final results. Patients who are pregnant or have an active skin infection may be asked to postpone their Kybella® treatment. For those with an excess of lax skin along the chin and jawline, Dr. Ravi or Dr. Gopathi may recommend an additional technique designed for tightening and smoothing, including FaceTite or Morpheus8.
- How is Kybella® applied? Each Kybella® session involves a series tiny injections, placed along the target area under the chin. Treatment will take from 30 to 60 minutes. Dr. Ravi and Dr. Gopathi perform their Kybella® treatments in their Houston-area office. Each session takes place in a private, comfortable treatment room. As soon as the Kybella® injections are complete, patients are free to return to their normal routine.
- What kind of results can I expect from Kybella®? Although faint results may be seen four to six weeks after the first Kybella® session, most patients will require between two and five sessions for optimal results. Over the next several months, as the fat cells are slowly metabolized by the body, the chin contours will continue to improve. As the damaged fat cells will not return, patients can expect the benefits of Kybella® to last for years to come.
- How much does Kybella® cost? The total cost of your Kybella® session will depend on the extent of correction. The only way to know the exact price will be through an in-person consultation at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. On average, most patients will find their Kybella® treatments will cost between $1,300 and $2,500. Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics accepts a variety of payments types, including cash and all major credit cards. Our office also accepts healthcare financing through CareCredit, United Medical Credit, Prosper Healthcare Lending, and ALPHAEON CREDIT. Contact our office at 281.242.1061 or fill out our online Contact Us form.
Schedule a Consultation