Meet Dr. Swapna Gopathi
Director Medical Aesthetics
“My practice is here for the working woman and busy mom. No one should ever feel like they are too busy to stop and take care of themselves. I want to help these women understand that it is worth the time and investment in yourself, reclaiming the power to ultimately put forward the very best you.” – Swapna Gopathi
Swapna Gopathi, MD is a highly experienced, board certified anti-aging and cosmetic physician, specializing in rejuvenative medicine. With her guidance, you can rediscover your youthful appearance. Practicing in the Houston-area for close to 10 years, Dr. Gopathi brings her patients innovative and transformative solutions to obtain their desired aesthetic and cosmetic results. Along with Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics’ founder, Dr. Ravi Somayazula, Dr. Gopathi brings patients a unique, patient-centered style of care. By paying careful attention to her client’s lifestyle and hectic schedule, she is able to create a custom-tailored treatment plan that ultimately emphasizes their beautiful, natural proportions. Dr. Gopathi and her staff truly understand how important an easy to follow aesthetic regimen is for bringing out each patient’s best, restoring their confidence and self-esteem. She is committed to natural-looking outcomes that blend in well with overall proportions. Dr. Gopathi is passionate about preventative care and will help maintain a youthful, smooth flow.
The Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics office is a state-of-the-art medical facility, centrally located in the Memorial and Katy area. Surrounded by a renowned team of Houston’s best aesthetic professionals, Dr. Gopathi incorporates the latest, cutting-edge technology and evidence-based clinical applications of regenerative medicine, achieving the very best results for her patients. Consultations with Dr. Gopathi are individualized and catered towards your needs; each performed in a comfortable, confidential treatment room at the Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics office. She starts each consultation by listening carefully to all your concerns and goals. After a thorough evaluation, she will determine if you are a good candidate and will give you her honest feedback and options. Dr. Gopathi is available to answer any number of questions and is dedicated to helping you feel comfortable with your chosen procedures.
Dr. Gopathi is committed to bringing her patients a personally-tailored mix of traditional procedures and breakthrough techniques, always in the safest of environments. Her anti-aging techniques emphasize the most promising trends in preventative and wellness medicine. As a working woman, Dr. Gopathi understands the tendency to put self-care on the back burner. However, improving the appearance is a simple means to improve the quality of life. For this reason, her work focuses on the busy woman, who often feels like they are too preoccupied to take care of themselves. Dr. Gopathi empowers her patients by making skincare and anti-aging regimens both simple and accessible, helping them to achieve a youthful, refreshed look with minimal effort or downtime. Taking her time with each individual – learning their needs, desires, and lifestyle – Dr. Gopathi is able to establish realistic goals for successful treatments and natural-looking results.
Away from the office, Dr. Gopathi enjoys spending time with her husband and two small children. She also loves traveling the world, taking in new sights while working on her photography. Dr. Gopathi loves taking care of herself with yoga, pilates and barre type workouts. With her down time, Dr. Gopathi especially loves to keep up with fashion and makeup trends, while still maintaining her comfort and unique style.
SPECIALTIES & EXPERTISE
Known for her extensive aesthetic expertise and meticulous skill, Dr. Gopathi is experienced in rejuvenating procedures for the face and body. At Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, Dr. Gopathi helps her patients achieve their cosmetic goals through the use of advanced, non-invasive technologies. Her private practice incorporates the comforts of a small boutique office with the innovative treatment options that can be only found with an established medical group. By focusing on overall wellness, she strives to create treatment plans that address physical rejuvenation, while adding custom-tailored skincare, anti-wrinkling and anti-aging regimens for long-term results.
With an extensive list of antiaging and restorative treatment options, Dr. Gopathi offers a wide variety of custom-tailored choices in cosmetic procedures for the face and body. Her specialties include innovative, noninvasive treatments for facial rejuvenation, including physician-quality skincare, antiaging treatments, injectable, soft tissue fillers, and micro-needling.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Dr. Gopathi is an alumnus of the University of Louisville, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology, as well as her Doctor of Medicine.
- After graduating, Dr. Gopathi went on to finish a competitive Internal Medicine Residency Program at the University of Louisville.
- Since moving to Houston, she has served as a Hospitalist and Clinical Instructor in the Department of Internal Medicine with Baylor College of Medicine and the University of Texas at Houston’s Memorial Hermann Hospital. During this time, Dr. Gopathi specialized in inpatient, primary care, with a focus on teaching, training and lecturing residents. During her outstanding work as a hospitalist, Dr. Gopathi was chosen to head the Surgery/Trauma service line and serve as an advisory role.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
AWARDS & HONORS
- Among her many career honors, Dr. Gopathi was elected by her peers to the Internal Medicine Residency Steering committee, an advisory program assisting program directors in leadership and establishing policy for residency programs.
- She has also served as a Medical School Track Captain at the University of Louisville School of Medicine, extending and enhancing the correspondence between medical students and the faculty.
- During her time at the University of Louisville, Dr. Gopathi served on the Medical School Process Improvement Committee, appointed by the Dean of Student Affairs, to spearhead a number of curriculum improvements.
- Dr. Gopathi’s work at the Brown Cancer Center earned a competitive Cancer Research Education Grant from the National Cancer Institute.
- She has also had the honor of being picked for a coveted spot at the Summer Research Scholars Program in Louisville.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION APPOINTMENT WITH DR. GOPATHI
While you cannot stop the aging process, there are game-changing, noninvasive techniques that can restore skin health, taking years off the appearance without surgery. To find out more about the dynamic field of regenerative aesthetics, schedule a consultation with Dr. Gopathi. We recommend setting aside at least an hour for this in-depth appointment, as Dr. Gopathi will take her time getting to know your needs and long-term goals. Together, a personalized treatment plan can be established for a younger-looking, more energetic you.
Dr. Gopathi encourages anyone who may be wondering if a rejuvenating cosmetic procedure could be for them, to stop by Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics to find out more about the attentive, award winning practice. Whether you are looking for a subtle change or a complete transformation in your appearance, Dr. Gopathi works alongside Dr. Ravi, our board-certified Plastic Surgeon, to help you reach your goals. The comfortable and sleek environment is the perfect setting for the safest, most satisfying aesthetic procedures in Houston. Schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Gopathi, today by calling the Katy Freeway office at 281.242.1061 or by filling out our easy, online Contact Us form.