What is the Best Lip Filler?November 15, 201911/15/2019
Lip fillers are used to enhance, fill, and sculpt the lips into an ideally perfect pout. Also known as lip augmentation, using dermal fillers to produce natural-looking fullness to the lips is quick, minimally invasive, and immediately noticeable; but how can you tell which filler will work most effectively for your lips.
The Most Effective Lip FillersThe most effective lip fillers offered at our Houston office are:
- Juvéderm Ultra and Ultra Plus. Producing amazing results in just one treatment, Juvéderm Ultra and Ultra Plus are used to add volume to thin and fading lips. Juvéderm Ultra is slightly softer and feels a bit more natural to touch. Both of these Juvéderm fillers Dr. Gopathi uses for lip enhancement can produce results for about 6 months to upwards of a year.
- Juvéderm Volbella. Volbella is used to improve lip definition, create a “Cupid’s Bow” at the top of the lips, and minimally adds volume throughout. Volbella is considered a thin filler, so the results will be very subtle. Results with Volbella last about 6 months.
- Juvéderm Vollure. Vollure is the longest lasting of all lip filler options, lasting up to 18 months. The filler remains soft but provides the needed structure and shape some lips require.
- Restylane Refyne and Defyne. Both Refyne and Defyne adds volume to the lips and provide structural support to help ensure the longest-lasting results possible. In addition to its ability to add volume to the lips, Refyne and Defyne are very effective at softening nasolabial folds and marionette lines to smooth the area between the nose and chin. Results typically last anywhere from 6 months to one year.
Lip Augmentation with Fat TransferLip Augmentation with Fat Transfer
Dr. Ravi also offers lip augmentation with fat transfer. With this option, liposuction is used to remove fat from a donor site on your body – usually the thighs, hips, abdomen, or flanks – where it undergoes a thorough purification process that allows it to be injected into your lips to create fullness.
There are a few benefits offered by fat transfer lip augmentation:
- Liposuction will sculpt and tone the donor site
- Results can last up to five years
Fat transfer is more involved and invasive than nonsurgical lip augmentation with dermal fillers. During your initial consultation, Dr. Ravi can provide you with additional information about all of your options.
How Do I Find the Best Lip Filler for Me?
What is the best lip filler? That depends greatly on your anatomy, your desires, and your goals. The best way to determine which lip filler will produce the results you desire is through a one-on-one consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon. There are several products, including your own fat, which can be used to produce both subtle and pronounced changes to your lips. Your plastic surgeon will be able to guide you towards the most effective one for your specific needs.
Dr. Ravi and Dr. Gopathi are experienced, caring, and trusted in their field. Taking time to truly listen to each patient, our doctors can help you find the best option for your lip enhancement by working directly with you, listening to your desires, and providing you with honest information about the benefits and limitations of each of the lip filler options. Reach out today to schedule a consultation and learn more.
To schedule a consultation at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, please call 281-242-1061 today. Located in Houston, our board-certified plastic surgeon welcomes patients from The Woodlands, Katy, Sugar Land, and all surrounding areas of Texas.