Four Things All First Timers Should Know About Lip Fillers
Lip augmentation is a safe and effective way to improve the symmetry and fullness of the lips. At Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, we offer several lip augmentation options, including:
- Juvéderm Ultra adds natural-looking volume to thin, fading lips
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus is a bit more rigid than Juvederm Ultra but in the right patient, will get beautiful results
- Juvéderm Volbella adds volume to the lips and creates greater definition. It can also create a cupid’s bow
- Restylane Refyne adds volume and structural support to the lips. It can also be used to soften nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Restylane Kysse is the newest filler offered at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics and creates a very soft and natural appearance with very little swelling
The lip filler that will be best for your augmentation is dependent on your goals, your anatomy, and other factors unique to you. Dr. Gopathi will make her expert recommendation to guide you towards the best solution during your time in our care.
4 KEY THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE GETTING LIP FILLERS
- Lip Fillers Are Not Permanent. Depending on the individual, lip fillers may produce results for 6 to 12 months. Some patients are considered fast metabolizers and break down the filler quicker. However, most patients are seen one to twice yearly for fillers. Longer results may be obtained through fat grafting, which can be discussed during your initial consultation.
- Lip Fillers Do Not Deflate the Lips. When your body naturally dissolves lip filler with time, there are no adverse events and your lips will return to their natural state, neither fuller nor flatter than before. Repeat treatments can safely be performed as needed to ensure continued results.
- Swelling is Normal. Your lips will likely swell after your procedure for about 3 to 4 days. This is normal and will resolve. The final results will appear once the swelling has subsided. It is not uncommon for the lips to further swell over the first few days, then they will naturally go down.
- Recovery is Short. As a nonsurgical treatment, recovery from lip augmentation is negligible. Most people are able to resume normal activities right away. Discomfort is possible but most often mild. Any temporary redness around the injection site can be concealed with makeup.
There are several considerations that should be made before undergoing any cosmetic procedure. If you are interested in learning more, please call Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics at 832-937-4036 to schedule a consultation today. We welcome patients in Houston, The Woodlands, Katy, Sugar Land, and all surrounding areas.