Five tips for choosing your Houston Botox Doctor4/29/2020 If you haven’t tried BOTOX® yet, now if your time to try it out with Houston’ Dr. Ravi Somayazula and Dr. Swapna Gopathi, both Board-Certified Physicians specializing in aesthetic procedures of the face and body. In their annual statistics report, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) said that in 2019, more than 7.4 million Botox sessions were performed in the United States. Before you decide to schedule your Botox treatment, keep in mind that picking the right doctor to administer your injections is essential to getting desirable, natural-looking results. Here are our top five tips for choosing the perfect Botox provider:
- Only consider a trained doctor. Make sure your Botox provider is board-certified physician with years in experience in plastic and cosmetic surgery. Dr. Gopathi has extensive experience with Botox, dermal fillers, and other noninvasive procedures. Although it may seem like everyone is offering Botox today, you cannot pop into any salon or medispa and expect good results. Going to a physician with years of experience makes it a safe decision as they have a deep understand of anatomy and what to do to avoid complications. Botox injections may seem like a simple treatment, especially with the over simplification of Botox by some med spa, but in actuality it needs to be administered with your safety as paramount and with results that are natural and radiant. Dr. Gopathi’s light hand makes the injections virtually painless and her calm bedside manner will calm even the most anxious patient. Her deep and full understanding of Botox and other neuromodulators, such as Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau, help her to explain these procedures to her patients in a simple but comprehensive manner. After all, she does want everyone to make an educated decision about their treatments.
- Only get your injections in an appropriate and safe environment. It is good to start your Botox journey with a consultation appointment. This gives you a personal opportunity to meet with Dr. Gopathi to get to know her “less is more” style, discuss your goals in a private setting, and have an individualized treatment plan created just for you. When you arrive at the Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics state-of-the-art, modern office, you will appreciate its cleanliness, attention to detail, and overall ‘feel’ of the staff. If you have any reservations, don’t feel pressured to proceed with Botox injections. Remember: avoid pop-up shops and never trust anyone for injections at a house party or outside of a medical office.
- Stick with a specialist. Many doctors are jumping on the Botox bandwagon because dabbling in injectables seems like an easy way to increase revenue. However, while your gynecologist may be great at what they do, he or she is not specifically trained in cosmetic procedures. Board-certified plastic and cosmetic surgeons have a deep understanding of facial anatomy. They have gone through extensive, specialized training and rigorous testing. For these reasons, they are the only ones who can be trusted with your appearance.
- Beware of bargain-basement pricing. Surprisingly, cheap Botox is probably too good to be true. Questionably inexpensive injections may mean a diluted dosage or that the product was obtained from a shady supplier, or even from out of the country. Not only are these tacticsillegal, they also put your health on the line. Do keep in mind that prices can vary according to your region of the country. Big cities like New York or Chicago may cost slightly more than Oklahoma City or Spokane.
- Read lots of reviews. Online reviews are today’s way of sharing word-of-mouth recommendations, only better. The two most honest and trust worthy sites for this are Google Reviews and RealSelf. Both are great ways to see how many patients have used Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics’ award winning doctors, Dr. Ravi and Dr. Gopathi, and were happy with their results. Look for a practice with lots of reviews, not just one or two. This shows the doctor is proficient with injectables and noninvasive techniques. Use your judgment when reading the best and the worst reviews as these can be slanted or reflect a one-time issue. To get a good feel for patient satisfaction, read as many reviews as possible, from multiple sites.