Five Benefits of Vaser® Liposuction vs. Traditional Liposuction
Liposuction is used to remove fat deposits from targeted areas of the body. Effective for nearly every body part, liposuction helps to reduce fat that has proven difficult to eliminate through dietary and exercise efforts, helping patients achieve better contours and come closer to their aesthetic goals.
At Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics, we offer Vaser® High-Definition Liposuction – and while our board-certified plastic surgeons offer the most advanced techniques for body contouring, Vaser® Lipo can be a more effective option for our patients.
Benefits Offered by Vaser Liposuction
Vaser® High-Definition Lipo utilizes ultrasound technology to emulsify stubborn fat deposits before their removal. This allows for the removal of fat from more fibrous areas, such as bra rolls and love handles, which may be harder to effectively treat with traditional liposuction alone. Moreover, ultrasound energy encourages skin retraction, helping to ensure optimal definition and contours following recovery.
In addition to these benefits, five compelling reasons to consider Vaser® Lipo over traditional methods include:
- It is a less invasive procedure. Vaser® Lipo can even be performed under local anesthetic, allowing good candidates to stay awake during the procedure
- It comes with reduced risks of damage to adjacent muscles and tissue. With traditional liposuction, some force must be used to break up fat deposits. With Vaser® Lipo, fat is melted with ultrasound energy to help ensure greater ease of removal
- It produces less bruising and swelling. Vaser® High-Definition Liposuction is significantly gentler than traditional liposuction, allowing for less trauma and, by extension, less postoperative bruising and swelling
- It can help add definition to the areas of liposuction. Without Vaser® Lipouction, it’s impossible to etch out areas of the body, such as transforming the abdomen into a six-pack, or showcase a more cut look to the arms. By being able to make both vertical and horizontal lines, areas of the body can be better sculpted.
- It comes with a reduced recovery period. While you will still need to take some time to rest, recovery from Vaser® Lipo is shorter than traditional options – and often much less painful and restrictive
At our Houston practice, we take time to understand the unique needs of each individual before suggesting treatment options and techniques. Vaser® High-Definition Lipo is ideal for many patients, but may not be the correct choice for you. The best way to learn which body contouring option is ideally suited to meet your needs is through a private and confidential consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Ravi Somayazula.Please call 281-242-1061 to schedule your initial consultation today. Located in Houston, Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics serves Conroe, Spring, Pearland, and all nearby areas of Texas.