Five Advantages of the miraDry® Treatment in Houston, Texas
Another group of people that have a crippling issue are those with hyperhidrosis. Roughly 3% of the population, that’s over eight million people, have a condition known as hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. Beginning as early as 13, these men and women will sweat to the extreme, under their arms, along their palms, and their feet. Whether its hot outside or chilly, the sweat will continue, even with an expensive deodorant on board. This unrelenting sweat can be extremely embarrassing, sometimes almost debilitating. People will stay covered with a suit coat or sweater so no one can see their underarm sweat marks, avoid shaking hands, and even stop dating so no one will notice the unappealing dampness.
If this sounds like you or someone you love, know that there is a solution at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. MiraDry® is the first and only noninvasive treatment available to permanently reduce excessive sweating under the arms. Cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), miraDry has changed the lives of millions of people. Still need more reasons to give miraDry a try? Dr. Swapna Gopathi shares her top five advantages of miraDry:
- miraDry is noninvasive. Since miraDry does not require any incisions or sutures it can be quickly performed in a comfortable office treatment room. Once your underarms are numb after a local anesthetic application, the miraDry handpiece smoothly passed across the skin of the underarm. The handpiece emits heat that travels a few millimeters under the skin’s surface, heating up and ultimately destroying the sweat glands. Once your provider has treated all of the targeted tissue, you will be free to leave the office.
- miraDry is fast. As a noninvasive technique, miraDry does not require a lengthy procedure and needs little to no downtime. Treatment generally takes about one hour to perform. For most people, one session is all that will be needed. Depending on the extent of correction you are looking for and your starting point, a second treatment may be recommended. Recovery normally takes about 1-2 days and most activities can be resumed right away. Patients may experience some tenderness for the first day or two but an over-the-counter pain reliever (Ibuprofen) and ice topical application are all that is needed.
- miraDry is immediate. The results from miraDry can be experienced right away. You will immediately notice a significate reduction in sweat and wetness. Patients will see up to an 80% reduction in underarm sweat that will last for years to come.
- miraDry is safe. miraDry will vanquish frustrating sweat glands with its advanced thermolysis system, using intermittent pulses of warm heat. The system’s cooling technology then keeps healthy skin safe and unharmed. Only 2% of the body’s 4 million sweat glands reside under your arms. Therefore, you will maintain your body’s ability to naturally heat regulate (although the majority of your underarm sweat glands are gone, that does not mean your body will overheat). While mild discomfort, redness, and irritation can be seen for a few days, ibuprofen and an ice-pack are all that are needed for comfort. Scarring is not a risk associated with miraDry.
- miraDry increases confidence. One of miraDry’s biggest perks is the boost in self-confidence. No more chemical deodorants, no more stained shirts, no more looking for a jacket or sweater to mask wet armpits, no more body odor, and no more embarrassment. Another surprising perk of miraDry: your underarm hair follicles reside directly above your sweat glands. The thermal energy that puts an end to these sweat glands will also damage the follicles, often meaning no more underarm hair growth.
Call our office 281-242-1061 with your questions or to schedule a consultation appointment to find out if miraDry is right for you. We also offer virtual consultations so that we can discuss if this is the right procedure for you from the comfort of your home or work.