At Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics, we are pleased to offer several non-surgical skin tightening treatments. How you will prepare for yours depends on which one you select.
During your consultation, board-certified anti-aging and cosmetic physician Dr. Swapna Gopathi will assess your concerns, discuss possible treatment options, and provide personalized instructions to ensure you are fully prepared for whichever treatment you choose.
Getting Ready for Better Looking Skin
While personal recommendations are needed to help each individual prepare for skin tightening, there are also some general suggestions. In the days leading up to most skin tightening procedures, you will want to:
- Avoid Direct sunlight
- Avoid using harsh or irritating skincare products
- Refrain from waxing or laser hair removal
- Avoid lotions, perfumes, and makeup on the day of your treatment
- Shave the treatment area if there is coarse or dark hair
Our Skin Tightening Options
While there are some similarities in preparation, a closer look at three of our skin tightening options illustrates how different preparation can be:
- FaceTite. FaceTite is a radiofrequency energy skin tightening treatment that uses a tiny probe to gently heat underlying tissue and stimulate collagen production. In preparation for FaceTite, you must stop taking blood-thinning medications, supplements, and herbs. You will also need to stop using nicotine if you are a smoker.
- Morpheus8. Morpheus8 combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen production and tighten skin throughout the body. It is best to avoid direct sunlight in the days leading up to Morpheus8 treatment. It is also best to avoid irritating skincare products and to come to our office free of makeup, lotions, or anything else that will need to be removed.
- SkinPen Microneedling. SkinPen was the first microneedling pen to be approved by the FDA. Safe and gentle, this device creates tiny wounds in the skin to stimulate collagen production. You must avoid waxing, laser hair removal, and depilatory creams for at least one week before treatment. Avoiding excessive sun exposure and coming to our office with clean skin is also important.
Dr. Gopathi will work directly with you in the days leading up to your treatment to help ensure you have all the tools you need for the most rewarding experience.
Please call our Houston office at 281-242-1061 to schedule your consultation today. Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics serves King, The Woodlands, and all nearby areas from our office in Houston.