What is Included in a Mommy Makeover?
The mommy makeover is a comprehensive surgical procedure in which the areas of the body that have been most impacted by pregnancy are brought back into their pre-pregnancy shape.
Physical changes that take place during pregnancy are often resistant to diet and exercise and, as every mother knows, finding time to maximize an exercise routine can be incredibly difficult, further complicating the ability to restore the body to a shape and size that is both comfortable and natural. With the mommy makeover, Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Ravi can focus on the areas of your body that have proven most difficult to sculpt, tone, and lift, helping to restore a natural-looking and comfortable-feeling appearance.
Procedures in the Mommy Makeover
During pregnancy, several changes occur in the body. Breasts begin to fill, resulting in an expansion in both size and weight, abdominal muscles begin to stretch and, in some cases, separate (diastasis recti) to make room for the growing baby, and fat begins to accumulate in the thighs, hips, and abdomen.
For some women, these physical changes are temporary and will begin to subside on their own in the months following birth. For others, however, even a consistent exercise routine and a healthy diet will fail to restore the body to its pre-pregnancy state.
To address the physical changes brought about by pregnancy, mommy makeover surgery may include:
- Breast Lift. This procedure addresses ptosis (sagging) brought about by excess weight in the breasts during pregnancy and until a baby is weaned. Nipple position can also be corrected during this procedure to help restore a more appealing look
- Breast Augmentation. Using breast implants, breast deflation and volume loss – both of which are common after pregnancy – can be addressed. Breast augmentation also addresses issues with symmetry and projection, enabling it to restore ideal size and shape to the chest
- Breast Reduction. If excess breast tissue results in heavy or pendulous breasts, a reduction may be needed. This procedure is used to remove heavy tissue and unneeded skin from the breasts and is very effective at restoring both shape and comfort to the chest
- Tummy Tuck. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area, helping to restore a firm and ideally contoured physique. This procedure can also be used to address diastasis recti, allowing it to help prevent herniation and improve lower back pain
- Liposuction. Fat accumulations in the thighs, hips, low back, and arms can be removed with liposuction. In fact, fat accumulations on nearly any part of the body, including the neck and chin, can be removed with this procedure, making it perfect for addressing those last stubborn deposits of pregnancy fat
- Body Lift Procedures. Thigh lift, butt lift, and arm lift may all prove useful following pregnancy. As with abdominoplasty, these procedures remove both fat and excess skin from the treatment area to produce a better contoured and more attractive appearance
- Labiaplasty. Sagging or protruding labial tissue can be both a physical and emotional discomfort. When pregnancy results in changes to the vulvar area, labiaplasty can be used to restore comfort and appearance by removing excess labial tissue
Each mommy makeover procedure is unique and must be based on the specific needs of the individual to be effective. This makes your choice of plastic surgeon very important. Before committing to a surgeon, make sure you are fully confident and comfortable in his or her abilities, patient care, and dedication to quality.
Why Choose Body by Ravi for Your Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Ravi is a board-certified plastic surgeon with a patient-centered approach that involves utilizing advanced techniques such as the Keller Funnel, a touch-free method of implant insertion that reduces the risks of both infection and capsular contracture following breast augmentation. Adhering to the highest safety standards and truly listening to each patient he sees, Dr. Ravi takes all the time necessary to plan and perform each mommy makeover procedure.
Trusted and well-reviewed, Dr. Ravi is fully committed to providing the most effective procedure and to producing the most natural-looking results for every woman who walks through our doors. He welcomes an opportunity to meet with you, listen to your concerns, and provide you with honest and useful information about the most effective ways to reach your goals.
If you live in Houston, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, or surrounding areas of Texas and are interested in learning if a mommy makeover is right for you, please call 281-242-1061 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ravi today.