The Holiday Season is upon us again, bringing all the joy (and stress) that can come with it. This year, if aging skin has got you concerned, it’s nice to know that there are safe and effective ways to restore facial definition before the Holidays officially kick off – and at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, we can customize each offering to produce the most noticeable yet natural-looking outcomes.
What’s So Great about Dermal Fillers?
There are several reasons to consider dermal fillers before the Holidays, including the treatment of:
- Skin Laxity. Dermal fillers can give subtle lift to the skin throughout the face, improving the definition of areas obscured by loose and sagging skin
- Fine Lines and Deep Wrinkles. Dermal fillers soften fine lines and erase deep wrinkles to create a smooth and less aged appearance
- Sunken Skin. Fillers restore volume to sunken cheeks, eye sockets, and temples, to offer a softer and more youthful look
- Asymmetrical Lips. Fillers can improve the symmetry of the lips and enhance their size and shape to produce a fuller, softer, and more pleasing pout
At our comfortable and inviting Houston office, we offer several fillers from JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and Sculptra®. These fillers are specifically designed to address different concerns and can be used on multiple areas of the face during a single treatment.
Results from dermal fillers are often quick and will continue to improve over several weeks, making them an excellent option for treatment before the holidays. However, your choice of injector will play a direct role in your comfort and results. If you want the best results in time for your office party or family gathering, you’ll want to choose the most qualified provider.
We can Help You Look Your Best
At Body by Ravi, our board-certified cosmetic and anti-aging physician, Dr. Swapna Gopathi, helps patients of all ages looking to improve their facial contours without surgical intervention. Thoughtful and attentive, she welcomes the opportunity to meet with you, listen to your concerns, and help you choose the best filler for your needs.
Call us at 281-242-1061 to schedule a consultation and ensure your treatment is performed in time for optimal holiday results. We serve Houston and all nearby communities, including The Woodlands, King, Katy, and Sugar Land.
Back-to-school time is here. But, more than a return to school, this marks the unofficial beginning of autumn, placing the Holiday Season right around the corner.
Now is the time to act if you are considering non-surgical facial rejuvenation. While most of these services are minimally invasive and require little to no downtime, results can take several weeks to finalize. Acting now allows you to achieve optimal results before back-to-school night and the hectic months ahead. Continue reading This Year’s Top Four Back to School Injectable Treatments
Facial profile optimization involves bringing all facial features into ideal symmetry by addressing issues such as skin laxity and volume loss to create a balanced, lifted, and generally more attractive appearance. At Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics, we offer a comprehensive range of surgical and non-surgical options that can be used to address asymmetry and other issues detracting from your facial profile. We encourage you to get in touch for a one-on-one consultation to learn which option, or options, will produce the most remarkable results for you. Continue reading What Is Facial Profile Optimization?
A perfectly designed pout is highly desirable. Lips that are asymmetrical, too thin, undefined, or otherwise unattractive can create both aesthetic and emotional concerns. If you are unhappy with the shape or size of your lips, now is a great time to consider your various lip augmentation options. Use the contact form on this page or give us a call to schedule a one-on-one consultation and learn which one is right for you. Continue reading The Top Five Lip Augmentation Techniques
Injectables offer a quick, non-surgical solution for facial rejuvenation, enabling our physicians to produce subtle and natural-looking results. Subtle does not, however, suggest unnoticeable. In fact, when performed by an experienced and board-certified anti-aging and cosmetic physician like Dr. Swapna Gopathi, injectables can produce a remarkably more youthful and attractive appearance without making the patient look “overdone” or unnatural.
Different Injectables for Every Need
At Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics, we offer a range of cosmetic injectables, allowing us to meet the specific needs of each individual. Some of our most popular dermal fillers include:
- Juvéderm®. We offer several fillers from the Juvéderm® family, including Ultra and Ultra Plus, Vollure, and Voluma. These fillers can be used to address skin laxity, eliminate fine lines and deep wrinkles, and add volume to sunken areas such as the cheeks. We also offer Juvéderm Volbella XC®, a filler that can address smokers lines and restore shape and symmetry to the lips
- Restylane®. We offer Restylane® Defyne, Contour, and Lyft to help improve the contours of the low face, eliminate creases and wrinkles from various areas, and address age-related volume loss in the cheeks. Defyne can also be used to enhance the appearance of the lips
- Sculptra® Aesthetic. This unique dermal filler can be used to naturally increase your own collagen production to create a lifted and contoured jawline and to restore volume to several areas of the face, including the temples, underneath the eyes, and the cheeks – all of which commonly experience volume loss as we age
- BOTOX® Cosmetic. The most popular nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatment, BOTOX® Cosmetic can eliminate crow’s feet, smooth frown lines, and reduce other dynamic wrinkles. BOTOX® is not a dermal filler, but can be used alone or in combination with fillers to produce a naturally youthful appearance
We Can Help You Choose the Best Solution
Injectables are formulated to address specific concerns, making different fillers better for different needs. The best way to learn which options will be ideal for you is through a one-on-one consultation at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics.
Please call our Houston office at 281-242-1061 to schedule a consultation and learn what injectables can do for you. We welcome patients from The Woodlands, Memorial, and all nearby areas of Texas.
Dermal fillers offer a safe and effective way to address skin laxity, fine lines, deep wrinkles, and other signs of ageing without surgical intervention. Capable of addressing a number of issues, the dermal fillers offered at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics can improve:
- Nasolabial Folds
- Marionette Lines
- Sunken Cheeks
- Dark Circles/Hollowness Under the Eyes
- Shallowness at the Temples
- Sagging Jawline
A tweakment is a cosmetic procedure that produces subtle, natural-looking results. Most often nonsurgical, tweakments are ideal before big events, such as wedding or holiday gatherings, but can be just as suitable for a simple pick-me-up. There is no “right” reason to seek a tweakment. All you need is the desire to look and feel your absolute best. Continue reading Five Minimally Invasive Tweakments to Try Before the New Year
Lip augmentation is a safe and effective way to improve the symmetry and fullness of the lips. At Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, we offer several lip augmentation options, including:
- Juvéderm Ultra adds natural-looking volume to thin, fading lips
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus is a bit more rigid than Juvederm Ultra but in the right patient, will get beautiful results
- Juvéderm Volbella adds volume to the lips and creates greater definition. It can also create a cupid’s bow
- Restylane Refyne adds volume and structural support to the lips. It can also be used to soften nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Restylane Kysse is the newest filler offered at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics and creates a very soft and natural appearance with very little swelling
1. Who is your injector?Dermal fillers should only be administered by a board-certified physician, not just anyone that says they can do injectables. If you do not know their credentials, never be afraid to ask.
Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics’ Dr. Swapna Gopathi specializes in noninvasive medicine. She has over a decade of experience with dermal fillers and Botox Cosmetic. During your consultation, Dr. Gopathi will review your medical history, examine your skin, and discuss your desired results before determining if you are a good candidate for dermal fillers.
2. What will be used?Dermal fillers are made of a smooth, gel-like substance that immediately plumps the skin to reduce the associated line or crease. However, not every dermal filler is right for every area of the face. There are many unique dermal fillers on the market, each with a different chemical makeup and designed to address a different problem area:
Hyaluronic Acid (HA): A naturally occurring substance, HA is a smooth, hydrating gel that can eliminate fine lines and deep creases. Several FDA-approved fillers that contain HA, including:
• Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus
• Restylane Lyft
• Restylane Refyne
• Restylane Defyne
Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHa): Products such as Radiesse® utilize a calcium substance naturally found in bones to ease wrinkles. The gel is thicker than other fillers, making it good for deeper wrinkles. Poly -L-Lactic Acid: Sculptra® is a Poly-L-Lactic Acid filler, used for deep facial hollowing. Sculptra is a safe, biodegradable, synthetic substance that helps to rebuild the collagen in your skin.
3. What can you expect after the injections?Treatment with dermal fillers takes less than 30 minutes, making your appointment a true ‘lunch-time lift’. Dermal fillers require little to no downtime, meaning you can go back to your busy routine almost immediately. However, there are a few things to keep in mind. Light swelling or mild bruising from the injections, taking up to a week to fade. These can easily be covered by makeup, which can be worn right away. Exercise and alcohol should be avoided for the first 48 hours. This will reduce the chance of localized swelling.
4. How long will the results last?While almost every filler offers immediate results, how long they last will vary according to the product and the treatment area. Plan your filler appointment accordingly if you want to look your best for an upcoming event.
• Juvederm Voluma – sculpts facial contours for 18-24 months
• Juvederm Ultra – works for up to 12 months smoothing deep wrinkles and around the mouth
• Juvederm Volbella – plumps lips and smooths vertical lines for 6 to 12 months
• Juvederm Vollure – enhances the lips for 12 to 18 months
• Restylane Lyft – eliminates severe facial folds for up to 12 months
• Restylane Defyne – erases lines between nose and mouth for up to 12 months
• Restylane Refyne – works on lines around nose and mouth for up to 12 months
• Radiesse – can smooth facial folds for up to 24 months
• Sculptra – addresses deep wrinkles for up to 24 months