Liposuction is used to remove excess fat from the body. Effective on nearly any body part, liposuction entails the creation of an incision through which a small tube (cannula) can be inserted to break apart and remove stubborn deposits of fat. Continue reading Vaser Lipo vs. Traditional Lipo
VASER LIPOSUCTION FROM BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS
As patients seek out new and improved techniques in the ever-changing landscape of body contouring procedures, several modern techniques have been steadily growing in popularity, including Vaser Liposuction. Dr. Ravi’s growing education in the field of body contouring allowed him to choose Vaser Liposuction, which is ultrasound-assisted liposuction, to be an additional tool in his toolbox. This allows Dr. Ravi to get excellent results for very happy patients. Dr. Ravi Somayazula is among Houston’s leading plastic surgeons with the opportunity to bring Vaser Liposuction to patients in the surrounding Texas and Louisiana area. With little downtime, Dr. Ravi’s Vaser Liposuctionis a revolutionary technique that offers patients a quick recovery and exceptional, body sculpting results.
WHAT IS VASER LIPOSUCTION?
The application of ultrasound waves to break up and melt away fat before extraction makes Vaser Lipo different. Vaser Liposuction is used in conjunction with traditional liposuction techniques. The use of ultrasound technology makes Vaser Liposuction innovative and unique. The ultrasonic waves zero in on and emulsify fat cells safely without affecting the surrounding connective tissue, veins, and nerves. The treatment has a short recovery window as it causes decreased swelling or post-op bruising. The most exciting fact is that larger amounts of fat can be safely removed during a single procedure.
Benefits of Vaser Liposuction
- Safely removes a larger amount of fat
- Quicker recovery
- Less bruising and swelling
- More accurate removal of fat
- Far less pain
- Can be performed with both local and general anesthesia
This technique gives Dr. Ravi a more accurate removal of fatty tissue, allowing him to sculpt your body precisely. This results in a figure more in line with desired results.
THE VASER LIPOSUCTION PROCEDURE
Vaser Liposuction is generally performed under local anesthesia, however, in some cases, general anesthesia may be required. A local anesthetic fluid will first be applied to the area being treated. Through very small incisions, Dr. Ravi will administer a mix of saline and anesthetic to begin breaking down the fat. Dr. Ravi will then insert a very small probe, the size of a pencil tip, into these incisions. This probe will emit the ultrasonic vibrations. As this occurs the fatty tissue will break down and melt. Finally, a thin cannula will be used to eliminate fat. Dr. Ravi can continue this process until he has achieved the patient’s desired contours. The incisions will be bandaged and a compression garment put in place to prevent swelling or the build-up of fluid.
Vaser Liposuction has the capability of addressing large areas. For this reason, Vaser Liposuction is often a good choice for more extensive areas of fatty tissue, such as the abdomen, behind flanks, and around the navel. The technique gives Dr. Ravi a wide range of movement and precision, also making it an excellent choice for tighter spots likearound the knees,neck, chin, and the dreaded turkey neck. Vaser Liposuction can also be used on areas that havebeen previously treated with Liposuction in the past to help with unevenness and contour abnormalities.
RESULTS AND RECOVERY FROM VASER LIPOSUCTION
Recovery from Vaser Liposuction is often easier than with other techniques. Most activities can be resumed in as little as one to two days. Depending on the area, a compression garment may need to be worn for the first week to six weeks to decrease swelling and improve results. Since Vaser Liposuction does not affect healthy tissues, there will be little bruising and minimaldiscomfort. Swelling will begin to subside and final resultswill be seen soon after treatment.
Vaser Liposuction can achieve smooth and even results, for a sculpted, shapely figure. As long as you keep up with a healthy lifestyle, the benefits of Vaser Liposuction can last for years to come.
YOUR VASER LIPOSUCTION CONSULT WITH DR. RAVI
To give you the time necessary to fully consider the Vaser Liposuction procedure, a private consultation appointment will be scheduled at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. Please plan on your consultation appointment to last an hour or longer. At this time Dr. Ravi can discuss your unique needs and desires. This is your time to have the surgeon examine your areas of concern and answer your questions. Dr. Ravi will use this appointment to carefully explain Vaser Liposuction, as well as any adjunct techniques and proceduresthat he recommends to get you to your goals. If Vaser Liposuction is the right procedure for your needs, Dr. Ravi’s Patient Care Coordinator will create a personalized, in-depth treatment plan to achieve your body contouring results.
Keep in mind that the ideal candidate for Vaser Liposuction will be a nonsmoker in generally good health. The procedure is designed for isolated areas of fatty tissue and is not a substitute for weight loss. Before committing to the procedure, a patient must display an understanding of Vaser Liposuction and hold realistic expectations for their results. Not everyone has the same needs so several techniques may be recommended for your individual concerns.
Complications from Dr. Ravi’s Vaser Liposuctionare rarely serious. However, whencomplications doappear, they may include swelling, bruising, drainage, infection, or scarring.
DR. RAVI AT HOUSTON’S BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS
Dr. Ravi is one of Houston’s most gifted plastic surgeons, board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. An award-winning cosmetic surgeon, he has receiveda number of local and national awards, including being named as one of Houston’s own Top Docs in H Town Magazine and he was inducted into the 2019 RealSelf Hall of Fame. Dr. Ravi was trained in cosmetic surgery, plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, with additional studies in hand and burn surgery. Specializing in body contouring procedures. Dr. Ravi has dedicated much of his practice to procedures like liposuction, breast implants, abdominoplasty, and the mommy makeover. His kind bedside manner, combined with his meticulous, artistic skill makes Dr. Ravi one of Houston’s most sought out plastic surgeon.
The Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics office has been designed for the ultimate in patient pampering as well as confidentiality. The high-tech office ensures our patients recover only in the safest way possible, while the low-stress environment to keep pre-op jitters to a minimum. Alongside of partner, board-certifiedphysician Dr. SwapnaGopathi, the Body by Ravi Plastic and Anesthetic’s officecan blend both surgical techniques with nonsurgical treatments, as well. Dr. Gopathi’s primary job is to meet busy patients with noninvasive techniques and skincare that can provide awesome results with or without surgery.
CONTACT BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS
If you have been considering Vaser Liposuction or any other body contouring procedures, the best place to start is with an in-person consultation at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. Located on the Katy Freeway, our office is easy to find, centrally located, and not far from the Memorial, Galleria, or Katy area. Reach out to our office to get specific driving directions. To schedule your consultation appointment by calling our office at 281.242.1061 or fill our only contact us form at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics.
VASER LIPOSUCTION FAQ:
- What is Vaser Liposuction? Vaser Liposuction is an alternative to traditional Liposuction. Ultrasound waves are used to break up and emulsify fat before vacuuming it away. This procedure is safe for tissues and results in little bleeding, bruising, or swelling.
- Why choose Vaser Liposuction over traditional procedures? Depending on your situation, Vaser Liposuction may best fit your needs. Benefits of Vaser Liposuction include little pain, bruising, or swelling and a fast recovery. It can also eliminate a larger amount of fatty tissue than some other methods.
- Am I a good candidate for Vaser Liposuction? To make a good candidate for Vaser Liposuction will need to be in generally good health and a nonsmoker. The procedure is designed to eliminate isolated areas of body fat; it is not a weight-loss tool. If you have stubborn body fat that is resistant to exercise and a balanced diet, you may make a good candidate fortheprocedure.
- What areas of my body can improve using Vaser Liposuction? Vaser Liposuction makes a good option for patients needing to address large amounts of fatty tissue. The most common areas where it is used include the abdomen, flanks, arms, back, bra rolls and thighs. It is often the treatment of choice for small areas like the chin or face, as well.
- When can I return to work after my Vaser Liposuction procedure? There is little downtime necessary after your Vaser Liposuction procedure. You will be sent home the same afternoon and are often given the green light to return in only a day or two. However, a compression garment may need to be continuously worn for a few weeks.
- Are the results from Vaser Liposuction permanent? The results from Vaser Liposuction can last for years to come. Once fat cells are eliminated from the body, they are gone forever. Unfortunately, if you do not follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly, your existing fat cells will expand, taking away from your new figure.
- How much does VaserLiposuction cost? As with the cost of any plastic surgery procedure, prices vary depending on multiple factors. This includes the area being treated, how much fat will be removed, and what kind of anesthesia will be used (local or general). According to RealSelf.com, the average cost of VaserLiposuction can average about $6,000. However, this will be different for everybody. Remember, your satisfaction involves more than a fee.
If you desire a larger and shapelier bust but are averse to having foreign objects (breast implants) placed into your body, breast augmentation with fat transfer may be the exact solution you have been looking for. With this procedure, Dr. Ravi uses fat taken from your own body to gently enhance and reshape the breasts, producing results that both look and feel entirely natural.
The mommy makeover is a comprehensive surgical procedure in which the areas of the body that have been most impacted by pregnancy are brought back into their pre-pregnancy shape.
Continue reading What is Included in a Mommy Makeover?
While most of us are worried about the sudden appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, we tend to forget about the other changes that can also show our age. Healthy stores of fat and collagen disappear, further causing our skin to hang. Even if Crow’s Feet are not yet an issue, skin that has lost its support system will no longer look firm, adding unwanted years onto our appearance.
Continue reading Get ‘Tite’ with Four Tempting Treatments
Both Tummy Tucks (also known as abdominoplasty) and Liposuction have remained two of the most popular plastic surgery procedures for good reason: they are both excellent methods of body contouring. Liposuction works by eliminating isolated pockets of fat just about anywhere, most commonly the abdomen, thighs, arms, and back. A Tummy Tuck addresses the abdomen by removing excess skin, tightening core muscles and providing a tighter midsection. While tummy tucks and liposuction can do wonders, addressing only a single area may not provide the degree of body sculpting most patients are looking for. This is where the innovative SMART Tummy Tuck with 360-Degree Liposuction from Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics’ board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Ravi Somayazula can be a game-changer.
What makes 360-Degree Liposuction special?
Liposuction can eliminate fat almost anywhere on the body. However, sometimes only eliminating the fat in one area may bring focus onto nearby unaddressed pockets of fat. If the fat at the front of the abdomen is removed, but the fat still remains at the waist or your back, you could still have a muffin. So, instead of only relying on liposuction to remove fat from a single area, 360-Degree Liposuction can provide comprehensive results by treating the entire midsection and back. This includes liposuction of the upper abdomen, lower abdomen, mons, waist, flanks, back and bra rolls. Dr. Ravi uses this all-encompassing strategy to target all the areas of extra fat and smooth out the body from all directions. The treatment improves multiple areas at one time, creating a curvier, more contoured figure that looks great from every angle. The results of a balanced, proportional figure better meet our patients’ aesthetic goals.
360-Degree Liposuction uses the same power-assisted liposuction technique that is trusted for a single area. Dr. Ravi chooses 360-Degree Liposuction to give patients a more individualized option for their body sculpting procedure. The technique involves moving the patient during surgery to incorporate liposuction on the back, on sides and abdomen. Dr. Ravi can custom-tailored each 360-Degree Liposuction treatment plan to address a larger area, creating a desirable, more youthful figure.
How can 360-Degree Liposuction Can Be Combined with a SMART Tummy Tuck for Even Better Results?
A drawback to liposuction is the potential for loose tissue. If the skin does not have good elasticity, it will not bounce back smoothly in a taut position. The stretched skin does not respond well to diet or exercise, making a Tummy Tuck a great option. Patients are ecstatic with a smooth and tight abdomen after a Tummy Tuck alone, however they are more likely to notice fat rolls on their back now. For this reason, Dr. Ravi may recommend pairing his 360-Degree Liposuction to be paired with his state-of-the-art SMART Tummy Tuck.
A SMART Tummy Tuck is:
S – Safe
M – Muscular-Aponeurotic Resuspension
A – Active
R – Results
T – Thin Scar Technique
Once the unwanted fat has been eliminated using 360-Degree Liposuction, Dr. Ravi will perform a SMART Tummy Tuck, excising the remaining stretched skin and tightening muscles. Using a muscular-aponeurotic resuspension technique, Dr. Ravi will tighten the ‘six-pack’ in order to achieve a smoother, flatter abdomen. This technique also ensures a thin abdominal scar that is easily concealed under a swimsuit or underwear. Safer than traditional procedures, the SMART Tummy Tuck minimizes blood loss while optimizing comfort after the procedure. This state-of-the-art technique decreases post-op pain, limiting the need for narcotic medications, thus leaving a patient feeling more awake and energetic right after surgery.
Patients may also choose to combine their 360-Degree Liposuction with a BodyTitePRO, thigh lift, brachioplasty, or a fat transfer procedure. This can also be a part of a Mommy Makeover involving the addition of a breast augmentation or lift with a SMART Tummy Tuck and 360-Degree Liposuction. The right set of techniques for the most comprehensive results will be determined during your new patient consultation with Dr. Ravi.
See the Smart Tummy Tuck and 360-Degree Liposuction Transformation for Yourself:
Dr. Ravi has an extensive library of before and after pictures of recent Smart Tummy Tuck patients. Take a few minutes to look through these so that you can become familiar with your potential results. Check out Dr. Ravi on YouTube and his Smart Tummy Tuck and 360-Degree Liposuction transformations.When you are ready to find out if a SMART Tummy Tuck with 360-Degree Liposuction is right for you, call Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Associates at 281-242-1061 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Ravi. We are conveniently located in Houston, Texas off I-10 in the Spring Valley area of Memorial.
Sweater weather has finally arrived in Houston! But it’s easy to forget that the warm summer months are right around the corner. For this reason, every year most of us end up feeling unprepared for the arrival of bikini season. This year, be proactive. Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics’ board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Ravi Somayazula, recommends these top five procedures you can have this winter that guarantees to help achieve your ideal summer figure. Continue reading Houston’s Top Plastic Surgery Procedures to Help You Get Your Summer Body This Winter
BodyTite® PRO is Houston’s most exciting, minimally-invasive body and skin treatment option available at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. It may be just the right thing for you! The innovative technology uses radiofrequency waves to tighten and lift drooping skin to restore a more youthful physique. BodyTite offers exceptional results; and when combined with additional techniques, dramatic body contouring results can be experienced. What are the most important things to know about BodyTite? Take a look: Continue reading 4 Need-to-Know Things About BodyTite
Weight fluctuations, poor tissue elasticity, and the normal aging process can all contribute to an accumulation of loose, stretched skin around the midsection. Unfortunately, diet and exercise do little to improve this unsightly skin and fat. Although the abdomen is the most common area of frustration, major weight loss patients may also notice lax tissue appear along the buttocks, thighs, lower back, and upper arms.
To eliminate the stubborn stretched skin and fatty deposits that remain after a large weight loss, Dr. Ravi Somayazula offers the body lift procedure. Also known as a belt-lipectomy, the body lift removes stretched tissue, restoring taut, youthful physical contours. For some patients, this procedure may mark the first time they have experienced a shapely silhouette. Dr. Ravi’s body lift can improve the stomach, waist, flanks, and thighs. Harvard trained and board-certified, Dr. Ravi is committed to bringing a custom-tailored body contouring procedure to every patient, offering long-lasting, life-changing results.
“I applaud all men and women who have worked hard to lose substantial amounts of weight for both health and aesthetic reasons. Unfortunately, they are often left with significant excess skin that causes more embarrassment and unhappiness. Understanding proper anatomy to artistically remove the excess skin to remodel the body is key to helping patients regain their confidence.” – Dr. Ravi Somayazula
Benefits of a Body Lift Procedure:
After a successful major weight loss, many patients are disappointed to find inches of lax skin still remain. This stretched tissue simply cannot ‘snap back’ into shape, as nothing restores the diminished tissue elasticity. Unfortunately, this crepe-like skin can ultimately keep individuals from showing off their new, thinner body in tight clothing or swimwear.
Dr. Ravi’s body lift procedure was specifically designed to meticulously excise this stretched skin, and lift up the remaining skin. For best results, Dr. Ravi can use liposuction to further contour the figure. Additional techniques, such as the brachioplasty, can offer optimal body contouring benefits.
A Body Lift Can:
- Improve sagging abdominal skin
- Raise asymmetrical, flat, or low buttocks
- Lift and smooth lower back
- Tighten and lift inner and outer thighs
- Sculpt tissue around the groin
Choosing a Body Lift at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics:
Dr. Ravi Somayazula is a Harvard trained plastic surgeon and the founder of Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics. Dr. Ravi has extensive experience in the full range of cosmetic breast and body procedures, including Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck, and other body contouring techniques such as Liposuction. Bringing a patient-centered practice to Houston, Dr. Ravi is known for taking his time with each client, getting to know their needs and lifestyle before creating an individualized treatment plan. Easily earning his patient’s confidence, Dr. Ravi brings a wonderful, kind bedside manner, creating a trusting relationship with each individual he treats. Dr. Ravi and his outstanding staff of aesthetic processionals work together to achieve the desired short-term and long-term results. For this reason, Dr. Ravi is one of Houston’s most sought-after body contouring surgeons.
The Ideal Body Lift Candidate
The Body Lift was created for those patients frustrated with excess skin and fat along their midsection, lower back, and hips. An ideal candidate will be close to their ideal weight, in good health, and a nonsmoker. Additionally, patients should understand the surgical procedure and hold realistic expectations for their final results. The body lift is intended to reduce excess skin and fat along the stomach, waist, back, and thighs. The technique, however, should not be considered a substitute for weight loss.
Your Body Lift Consultation and Physical Examination
Prior to arranging a Body Lift procedure, a confidential consultation will be scheduled with Dr. Ravi at the Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics office. Potential patients should set aside one to two hours for this appointment, as Dr. Ravi will take his time getting to know the individual, their desires, medical history, and lifestyle. He will discuss the various options and techniques for body contouring, answering any questions along the way. During the physical examination, Dr. Ravi will evaluate the current size, shape, and skin elasticity across the area needing correction. Precise measurements will be taken at this time, helping Dr. Ravi determine the optimal body lift technique and any complimentary procedures that should be recommended.
The Body Lift Pre-Op Appointment
Approximately two weeks before the body lift procedure, Dr. Ravi will once again see each patient in his office. During this time, Dr. Ravi and his staff will review what is expected before, during, and after the upcoming surgical procedure. If there are any remaining questions, he will answer them at this time. A set of ‘before’ photographs will be taken, to be compared with the final, ‘after’ pictures taken after the recovery. Dr. Ravi’s patient coordinator will provide any final documents that need to be signed. Finally, Dr. Ravi will provide prescriptions, which need to be filled prior to the day of surgery, including pain and anti-nausea medications and an antibiotic.
Avoid post-op complications by:
- Stopping aspirin and NSAIDS for a week before and a week after surgery
- Stopping herbs and supplements for a week prior and week after surgery
- Stopping smoking four weeks before surgery; do not restart until at least four weeks after surgery
- Carefully follow all of Dr. Ravi’s recovery instructions and contact the office immediately should any questions arise
The Body Lift Procedure
Dr. Ravi’s Body Lift procedure will be performed at a local, accredited surgical center, under the care of a board-certified anesthesiologist. Depending on the specified techniques included in the body lift, the surgical procedure can take from four to six hours. Many body lift procedures are performed on an out-patient basis, however as needed, Dr. Ravi may suggest an overnight hospital stay for a more comfortable recovery.
A thin, circumferential incision is first made, going around the body, across the lower abdomen and above the buttocks. From here, Dr. Ravi will excise the stretched skin and fat. Using liposuction, he will further contour the waist and flanks. Finally, the remaining skin and muscles will be pulled taut at an appropriate position. Sutures are placed for proper healing before a compression garment is put in place. Drains may be used to avoid fluid buildup. In this case, Dr. Ravi will remove drains during the follow-up appointment.
Getting Back to Normal After a Body Lift
The recovery from a Body Lift will take two to three weeks. Every patient will heal at their own pace, and the specific recovery will depend on the number of techniques performed and the extent of each procedure. Although patients are initially tired and sore, most people are feeling well enough to return to work or school in two weeks or less. During the initial recovery period, patient can expect swelling and mild to moderate discomfort. Assistance around the house or with young children is encouraged during this first days of a body lift recovery.
Dr. Ravi encourages his patients to walk several times each day, beginning the same day as surgery. Normal physical activities can be slowly added over the next three to ten days. However, strenuous activities and vigorous exercise should be postponed for four to six weeks, or until approval has been granted from Dr. Ravi. During the weeks to follow surgery, follow-up appointments will be scheduled with Dr. Ravi. These are an important part of the recovery process and should not be missed, as Dr. Ravi will keep a close eye on your body’s healing.
The Body Lift procedure is a safe and satisfying surgery when performed by an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Ravi. As with any surgical procedure, complications can occur. These include infection, bleeding, and scarring. More serious issues, such as nerve damage, are rare but can occur. Dr. Ravi will carefully go over the chance for complications during the consultation appointment.
Get started with a body contouring procedure with Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics:
The Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics office is located on the Katy Freeway, easily reached from all areas of Houston, including Memorial and Katy. Our state-of-the-art office is both comfortortable and private. Contact a patient coordinator to schedule your body contouring consultation with Dr. Ravi by calling 281.242.1061, or simply fill out our online Contact Us form.
Body Lift FAQ:
- What is a Body Lift? A Body Lift, sometimes referred to as a belt-lipectomy, is a surgical procedure designed to eliminate stretched skin and fatty tissue from the stomach, buttocks, hips, and thighs. During the surgery, Dr. Ravi will excise the lax skin then lift remaining the tissue to create a contoured physique. With a continued healthy diet and routine exercise schedule, the benefits of a Body Lift can be long-lasting.
- Will, I make a good candidate for a Body Lift? If you are interested in eliminating excess, stretched skin and fat around the midsection, then a Body Lift procedure might be for you. The ideal candidate will be in overall good health, close to their ideal body weight, and hold reasonable expectations for the surgical procedure. During a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Ravi, it will be determined if you are a good candidate for the body lift at this time.
- What kind of scarring can I expect from my Body Lift? Dr. Ravi’s Body Lift will utilize a circumferential incision, running around the body, along the beltline or lower abdomen. A scar will remain along the incision line; however, it will be easily concealed under clothing, and over time, may fade.
- How long is the Body Lift procedure? The Body Lift is a custom-tailored procedure, so surgery times will vary according to the individual patient. On average, Dr. Ravi’s body lift procedures will take from four to six hours.
- When can I return to work after a Body Lift? Most of Dr. Ravi’s Body Lift patients are feeling good enough to return to work in two weeks or less. The initial recovery time will vary from patient to patient.
Do you have stubborn fat that will not disappear from your face or neck despite a healthy diet and consistent exercise plan? This is a common issue for many men and women, regardless of their age, weight, or build. Often the result of genetics and the normal aging process, this accumulation submental fat, more commonly called the double chin, can significantly age the appearance and detract from otherwise attractive facial features.
As one of Houston’s most trusted, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Ravi Somayazula, is here to help with frustrating fat along the jaw and neck using his customizable chin and neck liposuction procedure. The same beloved surgery that has helped countless men and women achieve slimmer bodies can also be used to refine and rejuvenate the face, as well.
“Both men and women express their dissatisfaction with unsightly accumulation of fat at the lower part of their face leading to a double chin. This can cause their faces to prematurely age as well as give a false sense of being overweight. A neck lift is not appropriate for everyone with this problem and the desired outcome can be accomplished with liposuction alone or liposuction with radiofrequency FaceTite.” – Dr. Ravi SomayazulaFacial (chin and neck) liposuction can:
- Eliminate your double chin (submental fat)
- Remove fat along your checks (a “baby face” or “chipmunk” appearance)
- Address other pockets of facial fat that prove resistant to diet and exercise
- Sculpt the tissue along your neck
- Define your jawline and bring balance to the facial features
- Provide long-lasting facial rejuvenation
These before & after photos are from a specific patient. Results may vary. Schedule a personalized consultation with our doctor to learn more.
Chin and neck contouring are performed using a minimally invasive liposuction technique designed especially for the tight area at and below the jawline. Using very tiny incisions that will ultimately disappear, the unwanted fat is gently removed, creating a firmer, smoother, and more refined appearance. The procedure can dramatically improve the overall look, balancing the surrounding facial features, including the nose and cheekbones. Best of all, the eliminated fatty tissue will not return, meaning long-lasting facial rejuvenation. Depending on your quality of skin, liposuction alone may be enough to tighten the skin in that area, but if you are a little bit older or already have loose skin in that area you can benefit from combining FaceTite and Morpheus8 treatments.
AT THE CONSULTATION
Plan on spending about an hour at your initial chin liposuction consultation with Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Associates. Dr. Ravi and your patient care coordinator will spend the necessary time to discuss the options and techniques available to improve the look of your chin and neck. A thorough examination will be performed to evaluate the fat deposits and your skin elasticity. Patients with good skin elasticity can achieve a beautiful contouring of the neck with liposuction alone, however, others may require some minor skin tightening. Keeping your personal aesthetic goals in mind, Dr. Ravi will create the ideal treatment plan, which may include additional techniques such as dermal fillers to improve the shape of the jawline. During your consultation, Dr. Ravi may also discuss Kybella® as a noninvasive alternative to chin liposuction, should it be right for you.
During this appointment, Dr. Ravi will make sure you learn all that is necessary in order to make an informed decision regarding your upcoming procedure. You will not feel any pressure to move forward and will be encouraged to ask as many questions as you like. At this time, the exact price of your chin liposuction will be determined, and our patient coordinator will review all of your payment options.
“The minute I met Dr. Ravi I instantly felt comfortable with him. He has great bedside manners, was very thorough, and really took the time to make sure all of my questions were answered.”
– Donna P., Houston, TX
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR CHIN LIPOSUCTION?
Almost any healthy patient with realistic expectations is an excellent candidate for chin or neck liposuction. For the best outcome with liposuction alone, patients should have good tissue elasticity, usually still seen in those under the age of 40 to 45. Taut tissue ensures that once the fat cells are eliminated, the skin will bounce back, providing the desired facial contours. If the skin is very lax, it can droop; in this case, combining FaceTite and Morpheus8 treatments to tighten the stretched out skin. Additionally, Dr. Ravi recommends that patients be at a stable and healthy weight before considering chin and neck liposuction. As with other fat reduction procedures, facial liposuction is not a weight loss solution or an alternative to diet and exercise.
THE PRE-LIPOSUCTION EVALUATION
Two to three weeks prior to your procedure, an appointment is scheduled to allow you time to sign all informed consent forms, and have your ‘before’ photos taken. You will meet again with Dr. Ravi to review a detailed informational packet containing specific instructions for before and after your upcoming liposuction procedure, as well as a complete list of “dos and don’ts”. Dr. Ravi will write the necessary prescriptions, including an antibiotic, pain and anti-nausea medications as needed. These should be filled prior to the day of surgery. Be prepared to follow all of these instructions closely to ensure the best possible results.
To prevent excessive bruising, we recommend stopping the use of aspirin and all other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as Ibuprofen) for at least one week before and one week after your chin liposuction. Herbs and supplements should also be stopped for at least one week prior to the procedure as this can delay healing. To minimize potential complications, all patients must stop smoking at least four weeks before the procedure and not resume nicotine products until four weeks after their chin liposuction.
THE CHIN LIPOSUCTION PROCEDURE
The duration of your surgery will depend on the extent of correction desired and if any additional procedures will be performed. On average, chin liposuction can take about one hour. The outpatient procedure can be performed under general or local anesthesia at an accredited hospital or surgical center. For your safety, each procedure will be monitored by a board-certified anesthesiologist.
Dr. Ravi begins his chin liposuction by making a couple of tiny incisions along the target area. From here, a cannula (a small, hollow tube) will be inserted. As Dr. Ravi breaks up the fatty tissue, it is suctioned away through the cannula. The removal of unwanted fat cells will continue until Dr. Ravi has sculpted the chin and neck, achieving the desired results.
Expect to see some localized swelling, bruising, and discoloration immediately after your chin liposuction procedure. Temporary numbness and tingling are also possibly, but not common. Post-op discomfort is generally mild and manageable. Over the next seven to ten days, the bruising and swelling will improve. By about 6 weeks you with notice a slimmer facial profile and a well-defined chin.
A chin strap or compression wrap will be put in place immediately following your procedure. This will aid in the prevention of fluid collection and minimize swelling. Dr. Ravi will provide specific instructions on your chin strap, which will need to be worn initially around the clock, then only at night. Most of your daily activities can be resumed within a few days, however, exercise and heavy lifting should be postponed until you feel back to normal.
While Dr. Ravi’s chin liposuction incisions are meticulously placed, scarring may initially appear red or raised. Over the next couple of months, this discoloration will fade, becoming less noticeable and well-hidden in the natural contours of the jawline. Results from chin liposuction can be seen almost immediately. As the swelling diminishes and the area heals, you will begin to see a more contoured chin and sculpted jawline. Dr. Ravi is able to achieve such natural-looking results with his chin liposuction procedure that your friends and family will never know anything was done - unless you let them in on your secret!
WHY CHOOSE BODY BY RAVI PLASTIC SURGERY AND AESTHETICS FOR YOUR CHIN LIPOSUCTION?
Dr. Ravi Somayazula is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has over 10 years of plastic, cosmetic, and reconstructive surgery experience. Trained at Rutgers University and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Ravi completed his general surgery residency at the University of Massachusetts at Berkshire Medical Center, followed by a highly competitive fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Lahey Clinic and Brigham and Women’s Hospital at Harvard Medical School. Patient safety and a gentle, informative bedside manner are the cornerstones of Dr. Ravi’s practice, ensuring every patient is comfortable with their procedure and satisfied with their results.
Basic information on the internet is a good place to start researching chin liposuction, however, it is no substitute for a personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. This appointment provides a private and confidential time for Dr. Ravi to answer all of your questions about facial (chin and neck) liposuction in-depth, as they relate to your unique situation. Dr. Ravi and the team at Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics will be here to guide you through all of the vital steps of an informed decision-making process and we will map out the chin liposuction treatment plan that best fits your needs.
We invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ravi today. Call Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics at 281.242.1061 or fill out our online Contact Us form to have our patient coordinator reach out to you.
CHIN LIPOSUCTION FAQ:
- What is chin liposuction? Chin or neck liposuction is a minimally invasive technique used to sculpt the lower face from the jawline down to the neck. Genetics, weight fluctuations, and the normal aging process can cause extra pockets of stubborn fat to accumulate under the chin and across the neck, lovingly referred to as a double chin. The chin liposuction procedure eliminates this excess fatty tissue and fullness in this area, contouring the neck and chin for a more graceful and youthful appearance.
- Am I a good candidate for a breast augmentation? Almost any woman who is looking to improve the shape or size of her chest may be a potential candidate for the breast augmentation procedure. An ideal candidate will be over 18, with fully matured breasts, and in overall good health. Potential patients should have a full understanding of the surgical process and hold realistic expectations for the final results.
- Could I make a good candidate for chin liposuction with Dr. Ravi? The ideal chin liposuction patient will be in overall good health. Patients who are struggling with a double chin or puffy, bulky fat along their jawline and neck will see excellent results from the technique, especially if they still have reasonably good skin elasticity. Candidates will understand the procedure, commit to the recovery guidelines, and will hold reasonable expectations for their chin liposuction results. A confidential consultation will be arranged with Dr. Ravi prior to scheduling your procedure; at this time, it will be determined if chin liposuction is the right technique for your needs.
- When can I return to work after my breast augmentation procedure? While the recovery from a breast augmentation take approximately one week, most women are feeling good enough to return to work or school in three to five days.
- What can I expect to improve with chin liposuction? Chin liposuction can successfully improve submental fat, or the double chin, as well as fullness down the neck. Performed alone, chin liposuction can enhance the appearance, taking years off your look. When combined with additional techniques, such as a neck lift to remove stretch skin, or dermal fillers, adding definition to the jawline and facial feature, optimal results can be seen.
- How long does chin liposuction take to perform? Dr. Ravi’s chin liposuction procedure is performed in a local, accredited surgical suite under full or local anesthesia. The outpatient technique takes about one hour to perform. Patients will be resting at home the same afternoon.
- When can I go back to work after my chin liposuction? In general, most patients are feeling well enough to return to work three to four days after their chin liposuction procedure. Initially, a head wrap or chin strap will need to be worn to promote healing, skin tightening and diminish swelling. This strap can be worn only at night when instructed by Dr. Ravi. Bruising and swelling are common during this time, but these will diminish over the first post-op week.
- How much does Dr. Ravi’s chin liposuction cost? The cost of your chin liposuction procedure will vary according to your unique situation, including the extent of correction and what, if any, additional techniques will be performed. In general, the procedure can range from $2,500 to $6,500 with the addition of FaceTite and Morpheus8. At Body by Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, the price we quote you will be all-inclusive. This covers the surgeon’s fees, anesthesiologist’s fees, the operating suite, compression garments, and follow-up appointments. During your consultation appointment, Dr. Ravi will create your individual chin liposuction treatment plan and determine the exact cost of your procedure. Our patient coordinator will also review all of your payment options, including medical financing.